Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm going to be a NICU nurse!!

We have exciting news! I just got a new job as an RN in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Meriter! I start sometime around Mid-June or so, and will be working 4 shifts a week, and a mix of Evening and Night shifts. The NICU is where I started working as a HUC in 2002, so I know a lot of the staff, and that floor was what originally got me interested in nursing, so I am so happy to be able to work there now. They are located right above the floor I currently work on, so it won't be too much of a scenery change. :)
I am glad that this is happening now because it will give me time to focus on work and not think about waiting for our adoption to happen.
Well, I'm off to play with the dogs. Bye!
-Leah

1 comment:

Christina said...

I ran across your blog searching "NICU". I'm starting my first day on the NICU floor tomorrow. I couldnt be more excited (and nervous!). Congrats on your job! I hope all is going well for you.